An invoice is an itemized list of goods or services provided to a customer. Invoices are also known as tax-compliant receipts. In your Quaderno account, these are always called invoices.
You can create an invoice after the payment has been received or you can create the invoice before you collect payment.
By default, if you are using one of our integrations, the invoice is generated in Quaderno after you've received payment or the order has been completed.
You can create invoices manually in your Quaderno dashboard too. If you'd like to collect payment on an invoice, you can do this with our "pay now" buttons directly on the invoices.
A Quaderno invoice can be assigned one or more of the following:
- Outstanding: The invoice has not been paid.
- Paid: The invoice has been paid.
- Late: If an outstanding invoice has not been paid by the due date, it will appear as late.
- Uncollectible: The invoice has been marked as uncollectible because it never got paid.
- Remitted: The invoice was sent to the customer's bank and is waiting for payment (only for invoices paid via GoCardless with direct debit).
- Delivered: The invoice has been sent to the customer.
- Not delivered: The invoice has not been sent to the customer.
Once an invoice has been created, you'll see several options in the
- Record payment: Select this option to mark the invoice as paid.
- Issue credit note: Select this option to cancel out the original invoice with a credit note. This option can be used for correcting an invoice.
- Attach a document: Select this option if you'd like to attach a related document to the invoice.
- Print: Select this option to download a PDF version of the invoice that you can print.
- Edit: Select this option to modify the invoice details. Invoice details can only be edited before the invoice is finalized.
- Duplicate: Select this option to create a new invoice with the same basic information as the original invoice.
- Become recurring: Select this option to convert the selected invoice into a recurring invoice.
- Uncollectible (formerly "void"): Select this option to cancel out an invoice that is uncollectible.
- Make final: Select this option to block the invoice and prevent future modification of the core invoice data (customer's tax ID and invoice number, date and items).