Integrating with GoCardless
Quaderno supports automated invoicing and tax calculation for your direct debit payments via GoCardless. When you use GoCardless, you can easily collect recurring payments via direct debit from your customers in:
- Eurozone (SEPA)
- United States (ACH)
- Sweden (Autogiro)
- UK (Bacs)
- Australia (BECS)
- New Zealand (BECS)
- Denmark (Betalingsservice)
- Canada (PAD)
Each of these schemes allows payments to be processed directly from one bank account to another.
Not sure if direct debit is the best option for your business? Check out some of the benefits of direct debit here.
If you successfully process a direct debit payment, Quaderno will calculate the tax, auto-generate the invoice and can even automatically send it to the customer if you wish.
If you feel this could be the best option for your business, GoCardless provides a detailed guide for how to encourage your customers to pay via direct debit.
Existing GoCardless Users
1. In your Quaderno account, go to Settings > Integrations > GoCardless. You will be taken to a GoCardless-hosted page where you will be asked if you'd like to connect Quaderno to GoCardless.
2. Enter your GoCardless credentials and click the Connect Account button. You'll be redirected back to Quaderno:
If you have a trial Quaderno account, your GoCardless transactions from the last 30 days will automatically be imported to Quaderno. Don't worry, we won't send these invoices out without your permission, but if you'd like to, you can select an invoice and email it manually.
Each time you receive a new payment via GoCardless, the corresponding invoice will be automatically generated in Quaderno.
New GoCardless Users
1. In your Quaderno account, go to Settings > Integrations > GoCardless. You will be taken to a GoCardless-hosted page where you can create a new GoCardless account.
2. Complete the required form details and click Create account. You’ll automatically receive a setup email from GoCardless. Click verify your account in the setup email to continue the setup process. For more information, check out the setup guide for your country provided by GoCardless.
3. During GoCardless setup, select the package that best works for your business, and add your business details.
4. Once you’ve completed the setup, your GoCardless account verification can take up to 3 working days. Then you’re all set to start using Quaderno and GoCardless.
If you were previously using another system for processing direct debit payments, you can move existing mandates to GoCardless following their guide here.