Setting up two-factor authentication (2FA)
Quaderno offers two-factor authentication to make your account more secure.
When you activate 2FA, you’ll need both your password and a time-based one-time password to access your account.
To activate 2FA, just follow these steps:
- From the main user menu, go to the Security page.
- Under two-factor authentication, click Set up.
- Enter your password and click Confirm password.
- Scan the QR code in your authenticator app, enter the one-time code that’s generated, and click Continue.
- Save your backup codes by clicking Download and confirm you’ve saved them. If you lose access to your authentication method, backup codes can be used to access your account.
- Click Enable 2FAto activate two-factor authentication for your account. Each time you log in to Quaderno, you will be asked to enter a One Time Password (OTP) generated by your preferred authentication app.
Can I disable 2FA once activated?
Yes, on the Security page, just click Disable for two-factor authentication.
What authenticator apps can I use?
You can use any mobile or browser based app that supports time-based one-time codes, such as Google Authenticator, Authy, or Microsoft Authenticator.
If I lose my phone or no longer have access to my authenticator app, how can I access my account?
You can use a backup code to access your account in this case. Each backup code can only be used once. You can download your backup codes on the Security page at any time.
What should I do if my backup codes aren’t working?
Please contact email@example.com for additional steps.
If I activate 2FA, does this affect other users on my account?
No, each user would need to set up 2FA individually under their own login credentials.