Adding legal notes to an invoice
When certain laws apply to your business or your sales, such as a tax-exempt status, you might need to cite them directly on the invoice. We call these "legal notes”.
In Quaderno you have the option of setting a universal legal note that automatically appears on all invoices, as well as the option of editing and customizing the legal notes on an individual invoice basis.
Apply a universal legal note
A universal legal note will automatically appear on every invoice in Quaderno.
- Go to the preferences page.
- In the Legal notes box, type in whatever text is necessary, and feel free to use the formatting tips!
- Then scroll to the bottom and hit Save changes.
Customize the legal notes on a single invoice
When you want to add unique legal notes to a specific customer or invoice, you can easily do so when creating a new invoice.
- Go to the invoices page, and click the Create invoice option.
- At the bottom, click Need to add more details?.
- In the Notes text box, type in whatever text is necessary, and feel free to use the formatting tips!
- Scroll to the bottom and hit Save changes.