You can import your contacts from another application into Quaderno easily using our CSV template. It’s also a quick way to add multiple contacts yourself, even if it’s not an export.
Quaderno uses CSV (comma-separated value) files to perform this kind of bulk task.
To import contacts, follow these steps:
- Go to the contacts page and click
- Drag & drop your CSV file in the modal window.
Make sure to complete all required fields. Optional ones are, well, optional. You can either complete them, leave them empty or remove them as you wish.
The contact type:
person. Default is
The contact's name. If your customer or vendor doesn’t already exist in Quaderno, they will be created as a new contact
The contact’s email address
The contact’s address (first line)
The contact’s address (second line)
The contact’s city
The contact’s postal or ZIP code
The contact’s region or state
The contact’s telephone number
The contact’s web address (URL)
The contact’s tax ID
- The CSV file cannot contain more than 500 rows and its maximum size is 300kb. If the file contains more than 500 rows or is larger than 300kb, you would just have to split this into multiple files to import.
- Leave the header row intact.
- Make sure to only enter one contact per row, under the existing headings.
- Do not remove any mandatory columns.
- If copying from another system, make sure you use the same column headings, or change them to match.
- Duplicates are detected based on the
namecolumn. If the name isn’t spelled correctly or doesn’t already exist, Quaderno will assume it is a new contact.
- If a contact already exists and you specify email or address details, Quaderno will override the existing info and replace it with the latest.