In your Quaderno account you can send invoices to your customers any time you'd like. In this guide, we'll review a few different options for sending invoices to your customers.
- Sending invoices automatically: Since you signed up for Quaderno, you probably want us to automatically send invoices without you having to login and do it. After all, your time is precious! To set it up, head to the preferences page and select
Autosend all automatic receipts and credit notes. Then hit
Save changes, and you’re good to go.
- Sending invoices manually: You can send or resend any invoice manually from the invoices page. Just open the invoice and click
- Sending invoices in bulk: You can send several invoices at once on the invoices page. Select the invoices you'd like to send, and click
Sendat the bottom of the page.
All emails are automatically sent from email@example.com. If your customer replies to an invoice email, the reply will go to the email address you've set up on the business data page.Customizing the emails sent to your customers
Can I send PDF invoices?
Whenever you send an invoice or credit note to a customer, it’s possible to attach the document as a PDF. Then your customers can easily download the file and keep it in their records.
- Go to the preferences page.
- Check the box for
Attach invoices as PDF in your emails.
Save changesand you’re done!
How do I know if an invoice was sent correctly?
Once you've sent an invoice to the customer, it will appear with an envelope symbol on the invoices page. When you open the invoice, you'll also see the details in the History section.
Is it possible to send invoices to more than one email address?
In the contact's file on the contacts page, you would just need to add multiple email addresses separated by commas.
For Stripe contacts, just follow these steps:
- On the contacts page,
create a new contactusing the same name as the original contact.
- Add all email addresses separated by commas.
- Merge the new contact with the old contact.
Can I send all invoices in the same language?
Yes, if you'd like to send all invoices in the same language, go to just go to the translations page and delete all the languages except the one you need.
How quickly does Quaderno deliver emails?
Quaderno will deliver emails within a few minutes of queuing them – we batch them up and send them out in regular intervals. Your customers will receive their invoices a couple of minutes after you send them, or after they are automatically sent by the system.
Can I send invoice emails from my own email address?
Quaderno lets you send emails to your customers directly from your Quaderno account. However, it cannot send receipts from your own email address because we are not able to pretend that we are your email server.
Trying to do so would result in your invoice emails (the ones we’re sending for you) getting trapped by spam filters and dying long, slow deaths in email purgatory. We don’t want to do that to our precious emails!
But there’s an alternative! Just can use this zap template on Zapier to send your invoices.
That’s it. With just a few clicks, you’ll be able to send your Quaderno receipts from your own email address.
Note: The Zapier integration is available with the Startup plan and higher.
Can I add additional links in invoice emails?
You can add additional links directly in the invoice email body. To do this, you can simply go to the Translations page of your account and add additional links in the invoice message. Just take into account that those links will be available to all your customers.
Can I see what the emails sent to clients look like?
You'll find the email subject and body on the Translations page. When you click send on an invoice, you'll also see the email that appears so you can review it before sending manually.
My customer hasn't received their invoice via email.
If someone hasn’t received an email, they should first check their spam folder just in case it’s gotten lost in there.
If an email cannot be delivered, you’ll receive a notification. Usually this is because it bounced or got dropped:
- Bounced: There were problems (temporary or not) trying to reach the recipient’s server. In most cases some retry attempts will be made.
- Dropped: The email address has been previously hard bounced (bounced multiple times after several retries or the server has been checked as non-reachable), marked previous emails as spam or has explicitly unsubscribed from the emails.
The email is showing weird characters when viewing the message on MacOS mail app
This may happen if the email client doesn't hide the JSON code.