To transfer a large amount of product information between Quaderno and another system, you can use a specially-formatted spreadsheet, CSV.
Quaderno uses CSV (Comma-Separated Value) files to perform this kind of bulk task, like in this example: products.csv
To import products, follow these steps:
- Go to the products page and click Import products.
- Drag & drop your CSV file in the modal window.
The fields sku, name, type and unit_price are required. All other fields are optional, you can either complete them, leave them empty or remove them as you wish.
|sku||Product reference. Required.|
|name||Product name. Required.|
|type||Product type: good or service. Default is service. Required.|
|tax_class||Product tax class: eservice, ebook or standard. Default is eservice.|
|unit_price||Product price. Required.|
|currency||Product currency. By default, the account currency.|
|display_price||Taxes in display price: included or excluded. Default is excluded.|
|purchase_type||oneoff or subscription. Default is oneoff.|
|stripe_plan_id||The Stripe plan ID.|
|paypal_subscription_interval_unit||For Paypal subscriptions only. Interval unit: monthly, yearly.|
|paypal_subscription_interval_frequency||For Paypal subscriptions only. Frequency of the units when the charge should recur.|
|paypal_subscription_interval_duration||For Paypal subscriptions only. Number of times the charge should recur. Maximum: 52.|
Pro tips for a successful CSV import
- The CSV file cannot contain more than 500 rows and its maximum size is 300kb. If the file contains more than 500 rows or is larger than 300kb, you would just have to split this into multiple files to import.
- Leave the header row intact.
- Make sure to only enter one product per row, under the existing headings.
- Do not remove any mandatory columns.
- If copying from another system, make sure you use the same column headings, or change them to match.
- If you use a spreadsheet application such as Excel or Google Sheets to create your CSV file, ensure that the application is not auto-configuring some fields into dates in strange formats or they will not be read correctly.