Quaderno takes care of all your tax calculations for courses, memberships, and digital products on AccessAlly, letting you know when you need to register for tax collection on any jurisdiction, creating reports, and sending tax compliant invoices.
Just follow these steps to connect AccessAlly to Quaderno:
- In case you’re already receiving your AccessAlly sales via Stripe, Paypal, or other payment processor, you’ll need to disconnect it first from your Quaderno account here, to avoid duplicate invoices.
- Go to the API keys page in your Quaderno account and copy your API credentials.
- Open your WordPress Admin Dashboard in a new tab in your web browser, go to AccessAlly > Settings > Payment settings > Tax and paste your API credentials from Quaderno.
- Click Save. Quaderno is now connected to AccessAlly!
- In AccessAlly > Sales > Fee Setup, click + New fee to add Quaderno tax calculation as a fee, and select the option Calculate tax using Quaderno for the Fee amount calculation (you do not need to add any tax rates as fees, we’ll take care of everything).
Every time a customer completes a paid order form on AccessAlly, they'll see tax calculated in the checkout based on their location and your Quaderno tax settings. Whenever you process a refund in AccessAlly, the corresponding credit note will also automatically be generated in Quaderno.
Note when your customer selects an order bump, upsell or bundle before they've completed the payment form and made the purchase, this would send one transaction to Quaderno. If they go to the thank you page and then select an order bump, that would create another transaction.
Also, when a customer signs up via a free opt-in form, no invoice would be generated in Quaderno. However, if you are using a paid order form and the total amount is $0, then this would generate an invoice in Quaderno.
🔎 Finally, check out this AccessAlly's guide on how to request the customer's VAT number in your checkout form if you’re doing B2B sales.
Voila! Now Quaderno is covering all your invoicing, your tax calculation around the world, streamlining your refunds, and even preparing easy-to-read accounting reports about your business. So you can sit back, relax… or get back to the work you really care about.