Quaderno takes care of all your invoicing for Square payments, letting you know when you need to register for tax collection on any jurisdiction, creating reports, and sending tax compliant invoices.
To connect your Square account to Quaderno, just follow these steps:
- In your Quaderno account, go to the integrations page and select Square.
- You will be taken to a Square-hosted page where you can login or create a Square account.
- Click Allow to connect Square to Quaderno.
- Select the store locations you would like to connect to Quaderno. Quaderno will only import transactions for the selected locations.
That’s it! From now on, each time you receive a new payment via Square, the corresponding invoice will be automatically generated in Quaderno.
If you have a trial Quaderno account, your Square transactions from the last 30 days will automatically be imported to Quaderno so that you can test everything.
Setting up tax rates in Square
Quaderno does not calculate tax for Square transactions. When Quaderno imports a sale or refund (we sync at 03:30 GMT every day), we'll apply the same tax rate used by Square. The Square checkout will also apply tax based on your tax settings in Square.
To ensure taxes are reflected correctly in your reports:
- Set up your tax rates in Square.
- On the jurisdictions page of your Quaderno account, add all jurisdictions where you have store locations.