Quaderno uses the following tax codes to determine the tax rate for each product:
- e-Service – for digital goods or services (excluding e-books).
- e-Book – for electronic books.
- SaaS – for Software as a Service (a.k.a. on-demand software).
- Consulting – for consulting or other professional services in cases where sales in your own jurisdiction are taxable but sales to other jurisdictions are not taxable.
- Standard rate – for any general goods or services not included in the categories above with standard tax rates.
- Reduced rate – for any general goods or services not included in the categories above with reduced tax rates.
- Tax-exempt – for any tax-exempted goods or services.
To configure your default tax code, head to the preferences page. This is specially useful when you only sell that kind of product and you don’t want to maintain your product listing in Quaderno, or with integrations that do not send the SKU to Quaderno.