An invoice is an itemized list of goods or services provided to a customer. Invoices are also known as tax-compliant receipts. In your Quaderno account, these are always called invoices.
A Quaderno invoice can be assigned one or more of the following:
- Paid status
- Outstanding: The invoice has not been paid.
- Paid: The invoice has been paid.
- Late: If an outstanding invoice has not been paid by the due date, it will appear as late.
- Uncollectible: The invoice has been marked as uncollectible because it never got paid.
- Remitted: The invoice was sent to the customer's bank and is waiting for payment (only for invoices paid via GoCardless with direct debit).
- Delivery status
- Delivered: The invoice has been sent to the customer.
- Not delivered: The invoice has not been sent to the customer.
When using one of our integrations, the invoice is generated in Quaderno after you've received payment confirmation or the order has been completed.
You can create invoices manually in your Quaderno dashboard too. If you'd like to collect payment on an invoice, you can do this with our "pay now" buttons directly on the invoices.